The VizzTone Label Group proudly announces the birth of Bob Margolin’s VizzTone Blues Revue – an all-star band for festivals and concerts featuring a flexible choice of diverse artists. Bob explains: “Over the last four years VizzTone has released 28 CDs of fine music. In the spirit of our philosophy of partnership and collaboration, the time is right for us to work together to showcase our music onstage as well. It is an opportunity to invent some suprising and powerful combinations while presenting our individual artists to their best advantage.
We can include VizzTone artists from the legendary Pinetop Perkins (Born in the Honey DVD on VizzTone) to our three Blues Music Award Best New Artist Debut nominees to represent the spectrum of yesterday’s, today’s, and tomorrow’s Blues music onstage together.
Browse the spectrum of VizzTone artists we draw from on our ARTISTS page.
We can make the revues larger or smaller, but a basic band is:
• Bob Margolin – I’m a VizzTone founding partner and our first recording artist. I’m known for my years playing guitar with Muddy Waters, leading my own band since 1980, and countless revues featuring Blues legends like Pinetop Perkins, Hubert Sumlin, Willie “Big Eyes” Smith, Bob Stroger, James Cotton, Snooky Pryor, John Brim, and the late great Nappy Brown. VizzTone CD: In North Carolina.
• Gaye Adegbalola – founding member of Saffire the Uppity Blues Women and solo artist, a dynamic performer and deep songwriter, singer, and guitarist whose powers expand with an electric band. VizzTone CD: Gaye Without Shame.
• Mac Arnold – played bass in Muddy Waters band in the ‘60s, has led his own fine family-style band Plate Full o’ Blues. Nominated for a Blues Music Award for his Nothing to Prove DVD. His VizzTone CD is Country Man with a new live CD to be released soon, featuring Mac’s band, Kim Wilson, Willie “Big Eyes” Smith, and Bob Margolin
• Matt Hill – kick-ass showman with guitar, bass, & vocals and nominated for Best New Artist Debut for his new VizzTone CD On The Floor. Today’s youngblood, tomorrow’s star.
• David Maxwell – Internationally acclaimed piano virtuoso David Maxwell has performed with virtually every major blues artist of the past half-century and released a number of his own CDs including the BMA Award-winning VizzTone release You Got To Move with Louisiana Red. David plays many styles of blues, jazz and improvised music, but he’s best known for his unmatched ability to reach the heart of post-war Chicago Blues.
• Chuck Cotton – this drummer/vocalist is the pride of Greensboro, NC and anchors the band with his deep groove. A Potentate of Percussion.
• Richard “Rosy” Rosenblatt – VizzTone co-founder, manager of the revue, and one of the best harp players in his…price range. 😉
Bob Margolin’s Vizztone Blues Revue is now booking festivals and concerts represented by BMA Tours’ Hugh Southard. 704-525-1559
A small version of the revue will be playing on the January Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise: Bob, Matt, Mac, and Chuck. Also on the cruise: VizzTone artists Dave Gross, Gina Sicilia, and Debbie Davies… and watch for the announcement of an exciting new addition to the VizzTone family!
Bob, Matt, Chuck, and Rosy will be playing late sets at the Rumboogie on Beale St. in Memphis at 11 pm on Feb. 3-4 during the International Blues Challenge. Many of the VizzTone recording artists have experience presenting educational and entertaining workshops and we hope to add some of those to our festival shows. Stay tuned….
Meanwhile, find us on Facebook and “LIKE” Bob Margolin’s VizzTone Blues Revue!
UPDATES: Bob Margolin’s VizzTone Blues Revue tore it up at the Rum Boogie in Memphis during IBC weekend, with a core band featuring Bob, Matt Hill, Richard Rosenblatt, and Chuck Cotton! VT guest artists included TUF‘s Nick Schnebelin, Peter Parcek, Scissorman Ted Drozdowski, and many more. Next date is Friday, March 25 at the Lincoln Theater in Raleigh, NC, with special guests Gaye Adegbalola, Chuck Cotton and Tad Walters.
Filed Under: Artist Corner